Rajasthan is amongst the leading producer of cement in India. As of March, 2012, Rajasthan had 19 projects with aggregate Cement capacity of 38.8 million tonnes per annum (MTPA). The cement industry in Rajasthan is witnessing significant growth in recent years.
(* Source - Project today website)
- Clinker Cement
- Ordinary Portland Cement
- Portland Blast Furnace Slag Cement
- Portland Pozzolana Cement
- Rapid Hardening Portland Cement
- Oil Well Cement
- White Cement
- Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement
- Bangur Group with annual cement capacity of 13.5 Million Tonnes and turnover of Rs 4000 crore is primarily engaged in the business of manufacturing & sale of clinker & cement. They have invested more than Rs 3500 crore in the state in last 5 years.
- Manufacturing units at Beawar, District Ajmer, and Ras, District Pali, Jobner, District Jaipur & Suratgarh, in Disrict Ganganagar in Rajasthan
- Grinding units at Khushkhera, district Alwar
(*Source Shree Cement Annual report)
- Adtiya Birla Group company, Ultratech has a total cement manufacturing capacity of 48.75 MMTPA
(*Source Ultratech Cement Annual report)
- Grasim Cement (combined with Ultratech's capacity) is amongst the top 10 global cement companies. Grasim Cement capacity of 25.65 MTPA
- The company consolidated its cement business under Unltratech Cement Limited in 2010.
- The company manufactures Grey Cement, White Cement and allied products.
Grasim commissioned a green field cement plant in Kotputli (Rajasthan) in 2009
(*Source Grasim website & Annual Report)
- Ambuja Cement formerly known as Gujarat Ambuja Cement has an installed capacity of 27.35 MTPA.
- The company plans to set up 2 MTPA Cement plant at Marwar in Jodhpur District in Rajasthan. The project will also include Clinker unit with capacity of 1 MTPA.
(Source : Ambuja Cement annual report & project today website)
More Key Players
Major raw material
Policy/Incentives/ Govt. Initiatives
Various incentives/concessions are available to promote industrial ventures in this sector under Rajasthan Investment Promotion Policy- RIPS 2010
- Under affordable Housing Policy, 2009 a target of constructing 5 lakh houses has been fixed during a period of 5 years.
- Under Rajasthan Urban Infrastructure Development Project (RUIDP) Phase I large amount of construction activity is targeted which will boost the cement industry a lot.
- In the annual plan of 2011-2012 the size of the fund is proposed to be Rs.400 crore, which will boost the construction activity henceforth and will help in raising the demand of cement industry. The outlay for the XII plan is earmarked at INR 2,368 crore (2012-2017)
- Under state road policy large amount of rural and urban road construction has been encouraged and in its annual plan of 2011-2012 large investment in the road sector has been proposed.
- Rajasthan has estimated resources of about 7000 million tonnes of cement grade limestone
- (*Source : Mineral Policy, Rajasthan)
- MS grade limestone of Jaisalmer district is supplied to various steel plants of the country.
- Significant presence of large cement producing companies in Rajasthan
- Well developed presence of supply chain and marketing channels
- Presence of lignite for the power development for captive consumption reducing the bargain power of the developer